Regular Meeting of Pitt Meadows City Council to be held on Tuesday, April 30, 2019 at
07:00 PM in the Council Chamber of the Pitt Meadows City Hall, 12007 Harris Road, Pitt Meadows, British Columbia.
Please join with Mayor Dingwall and Council in acknowledging that we meet on the traditional territory of Katzie First Nation
THIS MEETING'S PROCEEDINGS WILL BE BROADCAST LIVE VIA THE CITY'S WEBSITE AND AVAILABLE AS A RECORDED ARCHIVE
A G E N D A
|APPROVAL OF AGENDA
THAT the agenda for the April 30, 2019 Special Meeting of Council be approved.
|CELEBRATE PITT MEADOWS
|QUESTION AND COMMENT PERIOD
Maximum fifteen minutes at the beginning of the meeting and maximum fifteen minutes at the end of the meeting. Please refer to speaking guidelines in Section P as they pertain to the Question and Comment period.
|ADOPTION OF MINUTES
THAT the Minutes of the following Council meetings be approved as circulated:
|April 16, 2019, Special (Pre-Closed) Meeting of Council (Page 1).
|April 16, 2019, Regular Meeting of Council (Page 3).
|CAO Performance Review Announcement
|Award the professional services contract in the amount of $703,722.00 (exclusive of GST) to Johnston Davidson Architects + Planning Inc. as outlined in their RFP No. 1903 proposal for the design, tender, contract administration, and close-out for the new fire hall; OR
|Approve an application to the UBCM Asset Management Planning Program in the amount of $15,000 for the purpose of enhancing the City’s Asset Management program by determining the condition of the water main infrastructure and confirm commitment of City staff to provide overall grant management; OR
|Receive for information the 2019 First Quarter Report highlighting the City’s work and accomplishments between January 1, 2019 and March 31, 2019.
|Direct staff to include in the 2020 business planning process a plan to explore the creation of a Place of Remembrance in Pitt Meadows on existing city land including developing partnerships to accomplish this objective; OR
|Direct staff to include in the 2020 business planning process a plan to explore the feasibility of establishing an above ground burial site in Pitt Meadows, including developing partnerships to accomplish this objective; OR
|Approve the amended Council Policy C073, Civic Recognition Policy with the newly titled "Council Policy C073 Community Service and Civic Recognition Policy"; AND
|Approve a one-time cost of up to $500.00 for the start of the Community Service Recognition and Awards Program; AND
|Approve an annual budget of up to $6,730.00 for the implementation of Community Service Recognition and Awards Program; OR
|BYLAWS AND PERMITS BYLAWS FOR FIRST, SECOND, AND THIRD READINGS:
|Grant First, Second and Third Reading to the "2019 Tax Rate Bylaw No. 2825, 2019"; OR
|Grant First, Second and Third Reading to the Sawyer’s Landing Bylaws Repeal Bylaw No. 2826, 2019; OR
|Issue a Temporary Commercial Use Permit No. 2019-001 for a sales center at 19451 Sutton Ave in Building 8 Unit 16 for a period of 2 years with the option for renewal for another 2 years; OR
|ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD FOR PUBLIC INFORMATION
|NOTICE OF CLOSED MEETING
|QUESTION AND COMMENT PERIOD
This meeting's proceedings will be broadcast live via the city's website and available as a recorded archive from the city's website over the internet, worldwide. The name and address of speakers and any comments made during the question period will form part of the public record.
As per the Community Charter (ss. 132-133), the Chair at a council meeting must preserve order. If the Chair considers that another person at the meeting is acting improperly or disrupting the council meeting, that person's behavior will be addressed. The Chair may order the person expelled from the meeting should the person choose to not adhere to the decisions of the Chair.
The following guidelines apply to the Question and Comment Period for all Council Meetings:
* Maximum time of Question & Comment Period is fifteen minutes at the beginning of the meeting and fifteen minutes at the end of the meeting;
* Each person appearing before Council is limited to one question or comment per person until all persons have had an opportunity, then to a maximum of three questions or comments;
* Persons present at the meeting are welcome to ask questions or comments on city-related topics;
* Questions or comments should stay within a time frame of 3 minutes, which includes time for a response from the Council;
* Questions or comments will not be permitted on items on the agenda referred from a concluded Public Hearing;
* Those appearing before Council must state their full name, street name, neighborhood, and address for the record;
* Those appearing before Council should address their questions or comments to the Chair;
* The Mayor is to be addressed as Mayor Dingwall and Councillors by that Councillor's surname preceded by Councillor. If Council wishes to pass a motion as a result of input received during the Question Period relative to an issue that is not on the agenda, a motion to temporarily suspend the rules is required.
Council's Strategic Priorities are included in each Council Meeting Agenda for reference. (Page 86)