Regular Meeting of Pitt Meadows City Council to be held on Tuesday, January 26, 2021 at 07:00 PM by Video Conference.
Please join Mayor Dingwall and Council in acknowledging that we meet on the traditional territory of Katzie First Nation
A link to the livestream of this meeting’s proceedings will be available at https://www.pittmeadows.ca/city-hall/council/council-meetings shortly before the meeting begins.
The recording will then be uploaded to the City’s website the following day and available as a recorded archive.
A G E N D A
|APPROVAL OF AGENDA
THAT the agenda for the January 26, 2021 Regular Meeting of Council be approved.
|QUESTION AND COMMENT PERIOD
Visit pittmeadows.ca/submitquestionsandcomments to submit your questions or comments for Council.
Maximum fifteen minutes at the beginning of the meeting and maximum fifteen minutes at the end of the meeting. Please refer to speaking guidelines in Section O as they pertain to the Question and Comment period.
|ADOPTION OF MINUTES
THAT the Minutes of the following Council meetings be approved as circulated:
(1) January 19, 2021 Special (Pre-Closed) Meeting of Council (Page 1).
(2) January 19, 2021 Special (Public) Meeting of Council (Page 3).
|CELEBRATE PITT MEADOWS
THAT the following items be received into the record and respective Staff recommendations, where applicable, be approved by Council:
(1) Q4 - 2020 CLOSED ITEMS RELEASED TO THE PUBLIC (Page 7)
In an effort to support the goals of openness, transparency and accountability, Council released the attached items from closed Council meetings.
|Council Benefits (File 07-2510-01/20) (Page 11)
Stephanie St. Jean, Director of Corporate Services, to present an overview of benefit provisions for elected officials in other municipalities and to provide information related to the benefits available to City of Pitt Meadows Council should they wish to make an adjustment to Council's compensation.
|Receive for information the Council Benefits Staff Report as presented at the January 26, 2021 meeting of Council; AND
|Provide direction to Staff to extend single-coverage benefits provisions to Council for extended health, dental, and employee and family assistance effective January 01, 2023; AND
|Allow for Council to access couple or family benefit coverage at their own cost; OR
|Receive for information the Staff Report titled "Agricultural Land Commission Exclusion Applications for 11898, 11848, 11834 and 11782 Baynes Road" dated January 18, 2021; AND
|Decline to forward the Agricultural Land Reserve Exclusion Applications for 11898, 11848, 11834 and 11782 Baynes Road to the Agricultural Land Commission; OR
|Approve issuance of Development Variance Permit No. 2020-007 to vary the maximum distance between residential buildings for a new mobile home at 17480 Ford Rd Detour; OR
|NOTICE OF CLOSED MEETING
|QUESTION AND COMMENT PERIOD
This meeting's proceedings will be broadcast live via the city's website and available as a recorded archive from the city's website over the internet, worldwide. The name and address of speakers and any comments made during the question period will form part of the public record.
As per the Community Charter (ss. 132-133), the Chair at a council meeting must preserve order. If the Chair considers that another person at the meeting is acting improperly or disrupting the council meeting, that person's behavior will be addressed. The Chair may order the person expelled from the meeting should the person choose to not adhere to the decisions of the Chair.
The following guidelines apply to the Question and Comment Period for all Council Meetings:
* Maximum time of Question & Comment Period is fifteen minutes at the beginning of the meeting and fifteen minutes at the end of the meeting;
* Each person appearing before Council is limited to one question or comment per person until all persons have had an opportunity, then to a maximum of three questions or comments;
* Persons present at the meeting are welcome to ask questions or comments on city-related topics;
* Questions or comments should stay within a time frame of 3 minutes, which includes time for a response from the Council;
* Questions or comments will not be permitted on items on the agenda referred from a concluded Public Hearing;
* Those appearing before Council must state their full name and city of residence, with the option to include other details such as address or neighbourhood, if it is helpful to the conversation;
* Those appearing before Council should address their questions or comments to the Chair;
* The Mayor is to be addressed as Mayor Dingwall and Councillors by that Councillor's surname preceded by Councillor. If Council wishes to pass a motion as a result of input received during the Question Period relative to an issue that is not on the agenda, a motion to temporarily suspend the rules is required.
Council's Strategic Priorities are included in each Council Meeting Agenda for reference. (Page 417)