Special (Public) Meeting of Pitt Meadows City Council to be held on Tuesday, January 19, 2021 at 07:00 PM by Video Conference.
Please join Mayor Dingwall and Council in acknowledging that we meet on the traditional territory of Katzie First Nation
A link to the livestream of this meeting’s proceedings will be available at https://www.pittmeadows.ca/city-hall/council/council-meetings shortly before the meeting begins.
The recording will then be uploaded to the City’s website the following day and available as a recorded archive.
A G E N D A
|APPROVAL OF AGENDA
THAT the agenda for the January 19, 2021 Special (Public) Meeting of Council be approved.
|QUESTION AND COMMENT PERIOD
Visit pittmeadows.ca/submitquestionsandcomments to submit your questions or comments for Council.
Maximum fifteen minutes at the beginning of the meeting and maximum fifteen minutes at the end of the meeting. Please refer to speaking guidelines in Section O as they pertain to the Question and Comment period.
|ADOPTION OF MINUTES
THAT the Minutes of the following Council meetings be approved as circulated:
(1) January 12, 2021 Special (Pre-Closed) Meeting of Council (Page 1).
(2) January 12, 2021, Regular Meeting of Council (Page 3).
|CELEBRATE PITT MEADOWS
|Pitt Meadows Rail Yard Expansion Group
Ms. Heather Emmett to introduce new community organization, STOPCPRAIL, and their desire to work with Council on the opposition of the CP Logistics Park proposed development.
THAT the following items be received into the record and respective Staff recommendations, where applicable, be approved by Council:
|Direct staff to develop a CP Rail property tax review communication plan; AND
|Direct staff to co-ordinate submission of a resolution to the Lower Mainland Local Government Association seeking a review of the Assessment Act property classification assigned to CP Rail activities; AND
|Direct staff to co-ordinate submission of a resolution to the Lower Mainland Local Government Association seeking a review of the Assessment Act property classification assigned to distribution tenants as it relates to Golden Ears Business Park; OR
|Grant third reading to, and adopt, Land Use Contract No. 15 Authorization Amendment Bylaw No. 2870, 2020; OR
|Adopt Freedom of Information Bylaw No. 2877, 2021; OR
|Adopt Records Management Bylaw No. 2878, 2021; OR
|NOTICE OF CLOSED MEETING
|QUESTION AND COMMENT PERIOD
This meeting's proceedings will be broadcast live via the city's website and available as a recorded archive from the city's website over the internet, worldwide. The name and address of speakers and any comments made during the question period will form part of the public record.
As per the Community Charter (ss. 132-133), the Chair at a council meeting must preserve order. If the Chair considers that another person at the meeting is acting improperly or disrupting the council meeting, that person's behavior will be addressed. The Chair may order the person expelled from the meeting should the person choose to not adhere to the decisions of the Chair.
The following guidelines apply to the Question and Comment Period for all Council Meetings:
* Maximum time of Question & Comment Period is fifteen minutes at the beginning of the meeting and fifteen minutes at the end of the meeting;
* Each person appearing before Council is limited to one question or comment per person until all persons have had an opportunity, then to a maximum of three questions or comments;
* Persons present at the meeting are welcome to ask questions or comments on city-related topics;
* Questions or comments should stay within a time frame of 3 minutes, which includes time for a response from the Council;
* Questions or comments will not be permitted on items on the agenda referred from a concluded Public Hearing;
* Those appearing before Council must state their full name and city of residence, with the option to include other details such as address or neighbourhood, if it is helpful to the conversation.
* Those appearing before Council should address their questions or comments to the Chair;
* The Mayor is to be addressed as Mayor Dingwall and Councillors by that Councillor's surname preceded by Councillor. If Council wishes to pass a motion as a result of input received during the Question Period relative to an issue that is not on the agenda, a motion to temporarily suspend the rules is required.
Council's Strategic Priorities are included in each Council Meeting Agenda for reference. (Page 52)